Grate the garlic cloves. Finely chop the parsley.
And the rest...
- 1 Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- 2 Slice the potatoes thinly (around half a centimetre thick), leaving the skin on and halve the butternut squash slices so they are slightly thinner.
- 3 Add the milk, cream and garlic to a pan and bring to the boil. Crumble in half the stilton, then turn off the heat and stir everything together well until all the cheese has melted.
- 4 Layer the potatoes and butternut slices into an ovenproof dish and pour over the creamy mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- 5 Remove the foil, and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, chopped parsley and remaining stilton.
- 6 Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes until everything is golden and bubbling - and the vegetables are tender when sliced with a knife.