Trim the extra fine asparagus. Grate the lemons.
- 1 Cut the tips from the asparagus and set aside. Roughly chop the remaining asparagus and cook, along with the garlic, in a pan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Drain well, reserving 3 tbsp of the cooking water.
- 2 Transfer to a food processor with the reserved cooking water and basil and whizz until smooth.
- 3 Cook the parpadalle in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes.
- 4 Add the asparagus tips for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time.
- 5 Pour the cream into a large saucepan and stir in the asparagus puree. Heat through gently without boiling. Drain the cooked pasta and asparagus tips and stir through the sauce, along with the lemon rind.
- 6 Serve straight away, with extra basil leaves as a garnish.
Disgusted at the very poor spelling. It's meant to be Pappardelle, not the meaningless word you have used.
Easy and quick meal. Switched the cream for Philly and basil for pesto, still tasted great
Really easy dish to make, with loads of flavours. Light meal to have and ready in 20 minutes.
Delicious! A great weekday meal.