Mince the garlic cloves. Grate the fresh Parmesan. Chop the mint leaves.
- 1 To make the pesto, place spinach, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor.
- 2 Blitz to a course puree.
- 3 Transfer to a bowl, and add the olive oil and parmesan. Mix well.
- 4 Squeeze in lemon juice, to taste.
- 5 Season with salt and pepper - it will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- 6 Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- 7 Add the peas, and cook for 2-3 mins.
- 8 Drain, and refresh under cold water.
- 9 Set aside to cool completely.
- 10 In a large bowl, combine the courgette, peas, mint and 5 tablespoons of pesto.
- 11 Stir through the rocket last.
- 12 Squeeze some lemon over the salad, and serve.
I prefer my pesto without garlic, but otherwise a great way to use greens that aren't the crispest anymore. Feel free to add more mint, too!
Nice and easy.
Yum yum yum. Super easy, healthy and most importantly tasty.
Zingy and light. This was a perfect meal in the sun.
This dish is absolutely amazing, so easy and quick to make and tastes great.