Peel and finely chop the carrots. Finely chop the onions. Tear the fresh basil leaves. Slice the garlic cloves. Drain and rinse the canned butterbeans. Shred the spring greens.
- 1 Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- 2 Add the garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
- 3 Tip in the tomatoes and stock, season, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- 4 Add the beans and spring greens, simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in the basil.
- 5 Toast the bread on both sides. Serve the soup, drizzled with the remaining oil, with the toasted ciabatta.
- Average per serving
- Calories 330.0kCal