Chop the red onions. Peel, deseed and chop the butternut squash. Peel and chop the carrots. Peel and chop the parsnip.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the red onion, Morrocan spice blend, butternut squash, carrots and parsnips on a non-stick baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and bake in the oven for between 45-60 minutes, or until tender, stirring half way through.
- 3 Put the roasted vegetables in a large saucepan with a little of the stock and whizz with a hand blender until smooth.
- 4 Add the remaining stock and gently heat, stirring, until just before boiling.
- 5 Serve garnished with harissa and a drizzle of sour cream.
- 6 Create the spider’s web effect by using a piping bag to pipe a spiral of cream on the surface of the soup, then feather it with a cocktail stick drawn from the centre outwards at intervals.