For dusting, use some extra of the plain flour. Finely grate the Parmesan. Grate the Cheddar cheese. Grate the Hickory Red cheese. Deseed and dice the jalapeño chillies. Chop the parsley leaves.
- 1 In a food processor, pulse all the pastry ingredients until they have the consistency of fine breadcrumbs.
- 2 Add 5 tbsp cold water and pulse until the pastry comes together (add a splash more water if necessary).
- 3 Roll into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 20-30 minutes.
- 4 Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 24cm tart case.
- 5 Trim it about 1cm higher than the tin, to allow for shrinkage.
- 6 Prick the bottom with a fork, and chill for 15-20 minutes.
- 7 Meanwhile, heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 8 Line the pastry case with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- 9 Carefully remove the paper and beans.
- 10 Bake for 10 minutes more, or until the pastry is cooked through.
- 11 Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 12 Meanwhile, slice the kernels from the corn cobs using a sharp knife, and gently fry in the oil over a medium-high heat for 2 minutes, until starting to colour and caramelise.
- 13 Set aside to cool.
- 14 In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until light and bubbly. Fold in the corn, cheese, jalapeño, parsley and salt to taste.
- 15 Pour into the pastry case and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the filling is just set and golden.
- 16 Cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 17 Trim the pastry with a knife, if necessary. Serve at room temperature.
- Average per serving
- Calories 543.0kCal