Choose a variety such as meat, vegetables or halloumi and shred the barbecue leftovers. Choose mozzarella or monterey jack for the grated cheese. Deseed and dice the salad tomatoes. Thinly slice the red onions.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Using a sharp knife, score the bread lengthways with cuts roughly 2cm apart.
- 3 Hold the bread together and carefully score across widthways, with the same distance between cuts.
- 4 Combine the shredded leftover barbecue ingredients, half the barbecue sauce, the grated cheese, oregano and smoked paprika.
- 5 Prise open each split in the bread and stuff with a spoonful of the filling, pressing down really well.
- 6 Wrap in foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has mostly melted.
- 7 Unwrap, brush with the remaining barbecue sauce, and bake for 15 minutes more until piping hot and the bread is golden and crisp.
- 8 Remove and allow to cool a little.
- 9 Scatter over the diced tomato, sliced onion and coriander.
- 10 Serve with lime wedges and the butter for dipping, if you like.