For dusting and stretching use extra of the pasta flour. Toast the chopped nuts.
- 1 Tip the flour onto your work surface and make a well in the centre.
- 2 Stir the yeast, oil and honey into 300ml water, and pour it, a little at a time, into the middle of the well, while using your hands to bring in the walls of the flour gradually so the water begins to thicken.
- 3 Once it has reached the consistency of custard in the centre, add the salt and bring in any remaining flour, until it comes together as a dough.
- 4 Knead for 10-15 minutes.
- 5 Alternatively, use a mixer fitted with a dough hook, and knead on a slow speed for about 8 minutes. Transfer the dough to a clean oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave at room temperature for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 6 Take the dough ball and knead for a few seconds to knock out the air.
- 7 Shape it into a ball by pulling the sides back on each other, then transfer to a tray lined with a little flour.
- 8 Cover the dough with oiled clingfilm and either leave at room temperature for about 30 minutes if you want to make the pizza straight away, or transfer to the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- 9 If chilling, remove from the fridge 20 minutes before you make the pizza.
- 10 Heat your oven to its highest setting.
- 11 Lightly oil a round pizza tray and dust with flour.
- 12 Dust the work surface generously with flour, then roll out the dough using a rolling pin, until it’s the shape of the pizza tray.
- 13 Put the base on the tray and cook for 8-14 minutes in the top of the oven, until the crust is golden and risen – the cooking time depends on the temperature of your oven.
- 14 Meanwhile, in a saucepan, gently heat the cream and chocolate sauce, stirring often, until melted and smooth.
- 15 Once the pizza base is cooked, drizzle over some of the filling in a zigzag pattern, then scatter with the nuts, plus the strawberries and white chocolate shavings, if using.
- 16 Cut into slices and serve with the rest of the sauce on the side.
Miss. Anon Y Mous
I agree with my mum, Mrs Anon Y Mous.
Mrs. Anon Y Mous
I do not agree with my husband, Mr Anon Y Mous. This is unhealthy but it is very tasty and a good treat.
Mr. Anon Y Mous