Clean and slice the brown mushrooms. Wash and remove the tough stalks from the spinach. Separate the large eggs. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, turning now and then until golden. Season and leave to cool.
- 2 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens). Line one 32cm x 23cm Swiss roll tin per roulade with baking parchment, so that the paper comes up about 2cm above the sides.
- 3 Put the spinach in a pan with only the water that clings to the leaves from washing. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted.
- 4 Drain well, leave to cool, and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- 5 Put the spinach, egg yolks and cornflour in a food processor and whizz until the spinach is finely chopped. Spoon into a bowl and season well.
- 6 In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the spinach mix.
- 7 Pour the mixture into the tin and level out, then bake for 15 minutes until springy to the touch.
- 8 Lay a sheet of baking parchment on a work surface and scatter over the Parmesan. Turn the roulade out onto it and peel away the paper.
- 9 Mix the mushrooms and soft cheese together, then spread over the roulade.
- 10 Roll the roulade up from the shortest end, using the paper to help you. Slice and serve.
- Average per serving
- Calories 265.0kCal