Finely chop the onions. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Finely chop the red chillis. Toast the cumin seeds. Thinly slice the red peppers. Finely chop the fresh coriander. Finely chop the fresh parsley. Finely chop the mint.
- 1 Heat a splash of oil in a medium pan.
- 2 Add the onion, garlic, bay leaf and chilli and sauté for 3 minutes, until coloured a little. Season.
- 3 Add the cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 4 Add the pepper and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
- 5 Stir in the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas and stock, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- 6 Stir in the coriander, parsley and mint, reserving a little to garnish.
- 7 Make four little wells in the pan and crack in the eggs.
- 8 Simmer on a very low heat for 10 minutes, until the eggs are set but still soft.
- 9 For the last minute, place a lid on the pan to set the eggs. Scatter over the remaining herbs. Serve with toasted sourdough.
- Average per serving
- Calories 364.0kCal