Finely chop the onions. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Finely chop the red chillis. Toast the cumin seeds. Thinly slice the red peppers. Finely chop the fresh coriander. Finely chop the fresh parsley. Finely chop the mint.
- 1 Heat a splash of oil in a medium pan.
- 2 Add the onion, garlic, bay leaf and chilli and sauté for 3 minutes, until coloured a little. Season.
- 3 Add the cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 4 Add the pepper and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
- 5 Stir in the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas and stock, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- 6 Stir in the coriander, parsley and mint, reserving a little to garnish.
- 7 Make four little wells in the pan and crack in the eggs.
- 8 Simmer on a very low heat for 10 minutes, until the eggs are set but still soft.
- 9 For the last minute, place a lid on the pan to set the eggs. Scatter over the remaining herbs. Serve with toasted sourdough.
This was beautiful but extremely hot and spicy due to the very hot chilli, which I shall use a great deal less of next time. It really needed the sourdough toast with it to relieve the very hot spice. It would be fine for Vegans if the eggs were simply left out. I will cook it again and freeze half before adding and cooking the eggs. Enjoyed it !
This went down a treat with the family & is really healthy. Tasted far better than expected. I used half the amount of chilli though to make it edible for the kids
Delicious and so easy!
- Average per serving
- Calories 364.0kCal