Zest and juice the small oranges. Halve the ripe figs.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200'C / Fan 180'C / Gas 6.
- 2 Arrange the figs to snugly fit into a shallow ovenproof dish or small cake tin, tucking the star anise in amongst them.
- 3 Dot over the butter and drizzle on the honey.
- 4 Sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar, pour on the orange juice.
- 5 Roast for 15-20 minutes or until softened, tinged brown and slightly sticky.
- 6 Meanwhile beat the mascarpone with enough zest to flavour and some honey to sweeten as desired. Chill until required.
- 7 Remove the figs from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving with the mascarpone.
Very easy and tastes delicious