Chop the dark chocolate. Chop the unsalted butter.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°c/350°F/ gas 4 (160°c for fan ovens). Grease and line a shallow baking tin, leaving a bit of the paper overhanging the lengths of the tray (this will make it easier to remove the brownies).
- 2 Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Allow to cool.
- 3 Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 3-4 minutes, until pale and fluffy.
- 4 Transfer to a mixing bowl, then beat in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 5 Sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and a pinch of salt, then fold in with a large metal spoon until smooth.
- 6 Gently fold in the mincemeat.
- 7 Transfer the mixture to the tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until firm to the touch but still a bit fudgy in the centre.
- 8 Allow to cool in the tin, then remove, sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into squares.
These look scrumpy can anyone tell me if you can freeze them.
Lovely but needs more mincemeat as it doesn't really come through the chocolate
Chocolate brownies I will really have to try make some of these they look good
Soft, squidgy and so chocolatey. These brownies are delicious.
This brownie was perfect! Very rich and at it's best still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 3 tbsp of mincemeat doesn't seem like much to add to the mix but it really comes through in flavour once cooked.
My oh my! This brownie is sooooo chocotastic! The recipe is easy to understand and follow. I made my own mincemeat (w apricot, raisin, apple, orange- and lemon peel, lemon- and red berry juice, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon) The brownie has a delicious consistency, just the way I like my brownie! This will be my guilty pleasure!