Juice the lemon. Finely slice the salad onions. Crush the garlic cloves. Remove the skin from the chorizo and thinly slice the meat. Drain and rinse the tinned chickpeas. Halve the tomatoes. Roughly chop the fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 Put the chorizo in a frying pan and gently heat until it starts to turn golden then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- 2 Add the garlic to the pan and sizzle for 30 seconds.
- 3 Pour in the lemon juice and let it deglaze the pan. Transfer to a jug and leave to cool.
- 4 Whisk in the smoked paprika, mayonnaise and yogurt.
- 5 Heat the grill to hot. Pierce the peppers all over with the tip of a knife, then grill on a foil-lined tray for 10-15 minutes, turning regularly, until blackened and tender.
- 6 Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling-film and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- 7 Remove the skins and seeds from the peppers.
- 8 Tear into bite-size pieces and put in a large bowl. Add the chickpeas along with half the dressing, chorizo, tomatoes and parsley.
- 9 Check the seasoning, lightly toss together, then arrange on a platter and sprinkle with the salad onions. Serve with the extra dressing, if you like.