Finely grate and juice the lemons. Halve the Handfuls of cherry tomatoes. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Remove the woody stalks from the watercress.
- 1 Heat the grill to high. Put the almonds in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Leave to stand for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water.
- 2 Using your fingers, squeeze the almonds out of their skins. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- 3 Spread out on a baking tray and toast under the hot grill for 11⁄2-2 minutes, until golden.
- 4 Leave to cool, then roughly chop.
- 5 Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7 (200°C for fan ovens).
- 6 Arrange the tomatoes, cut-side up, in a single layer in a roasting tin. Scatter over half the chopped garlic and drizzle over 1/5 of the oil.
- 7 Season and roast for 15-20 minutes, until starting to blacken around the edges, then remove from the oven and keep warm.
- 8 Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, until just tender, moving on to the next step while you wait.
- 9 Put two-thirds of the watercress in a food processor with the remaining garlic and oil, almonds, lemon zest and juice. Season, then whizz to a rough purée.
- 10 Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Stir through the watercress pesto to coat, then fold through the tomatoes and remaining watercress leaves.
- 11 Divide among bowls and serve immediately.
- Average per serving
- Calories 480.0kCal