- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens). Butter and lightly flour a large baking sheet.
- 2 Put the plain flour, wholemeal bread flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl and mix together.
- 3 Make a well in the centre, pour in the buttermilk and combine with your hands (don’t over-mix as the dough will lose its lightness).
- 4 Tip on to a floured surface and shape into a round loaf about 3cm thick. Put on the baking sheet and make a deep cross in the dough.
- 5 Dust with plain flour, then bake for 30-35 minutes until it sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- 6 Transfer to a wire rack and serve warm.
Yum yum one of my favourite things EVERRRRRRRR, great recipe
Very good and easy to make
Very easy to make and delicious. Best eaten on the day of making.
Gorgeous Bread And Really Easy To Make!
Wow fab, really quick and easy... Doubled up and made 2. 😃
Brilliant and so quick and easy
Love this so easy. Mmmm
loved it , especially when I add a little thyme ; delicious .
Fantastic recipe! All my family loves it ❤️
- Average per serving
- Calories 260.0kCal