- 1 Slice 6cm from one end of the cucumber. Cut a sliver from the remaining cucumber into a forked snake-tongue shape. Slice 3cm off the other end of the cucumber to form the tail.
- 2 Butter the bread slices on one side. Using scissors or a 4cm biscuit cutter, cut circles of roughly the same diameter as the cucumber from the buttered bread, ham and cheese.
- 3 You should be able to get four circles from each slice of bread and a very snug three circles from each slice of ham/cheese (use the scraps in a pasta supper).
- 4 Now make individual sandwiches of a cheese round, a cucumber slice and a ham round, between two buttered bread rounds of the same colour. Stack these horizontally on a platter, ‘snaking’ them around in a wave.
- 5 Sit the snake’s head and tongue at one end and the cucumber ‘tail’ at the other. Sit the green grapes in a row at the end of the tail to make a rattle and draw two mayonnaise eyes on the head.
Made this for my grandson 1st birthday party a animal themed.. It was excellent and all the kids loved the snake hint keep fillings simple Ham and cheese can't go wrong
Fun to make with your child