Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds. Finely chop the leaves and stalks of the fresh flat leaf parsley. Drain and rinse the butter beans. Lightly crush the coriander seeds. Crush the garlic cloves. Thinly slice the red onions.
- 1 Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- 2 Add the onions, season and gently sweat for 10 mins.
- 3 Add a splash of water to the pan if the onions start to stick.
- 4 Add the garlic, coriander seeds and chipotle paste and cook for another 5 mins.
- 5 Stir in the chopped tomatoes and 200ml water (or approximately ½ the tin of water).
- 6 Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and gently simmer for 20 mins. Add a little extra water if needed.
- 7 Just before serving add the beans and warm through.
- 8 Transfer from the heat and stir through the parsley.
- 9 To serve, in a small dry frying pan, lightly toast the pumpkin seeds with a pinch of salt, for 4 – 5 mins on a low heat. Alternatively roast in a 170C/170C fan/gas 3 for 10 mins. Dot the dish with the crème fraîche and sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds.
Totally delicious, the chipotle smoky flavour is a unique twist on a veggie chilli - tastes even better warmed up the next day. Didn’t have coriander seeds so used ground and it made no great difference - served with brown rice, sugar snaps and some homemade guac on the side!
Tastes great lots of flavour, well worth trying
- Average per serving
- Calories 312.0kCal