Crush the garlic clove. Finely grate the mature Cheddar. Snip the smoked streaky bacon into pieces.
- 1 Gently melt the butter in a frying pan, then fry the bacon for 5-6 minutes, until crispy.
- 2 Stir in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 3 Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 6-7 minutes.
- 4 Add the peas to the pan and cook for another 3 minutes, or until the spaghetti is cooked. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 5 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, single cream and half the cheese. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- 6 Drain the pasta, then return to the pan.
- 7 Gently toss the bacon and egg mixture through the pasta and return to the hob briefly over a very low heat until warmed through.
- 8 Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve with garlic bread.
My favourite! Who cares about fattening that is losing a lot in own life.
Lovely carbonara! I had never tried to make from scratch before but it went down well with the husband. Didn't try it with smokey bacon as we aren't keen but normal bacon worked fine for us. Will be making again!
I could eat this every day. Slightly distraught to discover the calorie content. Yikes.
was tasty, but we did the sauce to recipe and it didnt turn out great had no taste and was like water...
Used smoked pancetta cubes instead of the bacon. Fabulous.
Husband and 2 kids (1 is 4 & the other is 2) loved it, will def make it again soon.
This was an absolutely delicious recipe and so easy to make. Added chicken to it for some more substance.
It was scrummilicious. 😋
Tasty but very fattening!
Delish but Missing Something
Made this last night, used more cream, garlic and cheese than recommend but was lacking something. Next time I may add spring onions or a shallot to give it a bit more flavour.
- Average per serving
- Calories 715.0kCal