Roughly chop the Salami Emiliano.
- 1 Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan, add the salami and sauté gently for 4-5 minutes.
- 2 Pop the garlic into the pan and sauté until it’s softened but not coloured, around 2-3 minutes.
- 3 Add the smoked tomato paste and fennel seeds and cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4 After adding the chopped tomatoes, rinse the tin with 200ml of water and pour this into the pan too, then simmer gently.
- 5 Add 2 tsp salt to a large pan of boiling water and cook the linguine for 10-12 minutes.
- 6 Once the pasta is cooked, drain, reserving some of the cooking water to add to the tomato sauce if it’s looking a little thick.
- 7 Tumble the pasta in the sauce and fi nish with a generous glug of extra virgin olive oil (and a splash of cooking water if needed) and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- 8 Serve topped with basil leaves, a grating of Parmesan, and a crusty baguette, if you like.