Zest 1 of the lemons and cut the remaining one into wedges. Finely chop the spring onions. Cook and mash the Maris Piper potatoes. Drain and chop the gherkins. Chop the fresh parsley. Chop the fresh dill. Chop the Lochmuir smoked salmon.
- 1 Transfer the mashed potato to a large bowl, add 2-3 tbsp horseradish sauce (to taste) and mix well.
- 2 Stir through the spring onions, gherkins, parsley, most of the dill, grated lemon zest and salmon. Mix well and season.
- 3 Divide the mixture into 2 equal amounts per person and shape into rounds using lightly floured hands. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
- 4 Heat half the oil in a large frying pan until hot, then reduce the heat and fry 4 fishcakes over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes each side until golden and piping hot. Keep warm, and repeat with the remaining fishcakes, in batches if necessary.
- 5 Meanwhile, mix the remaining horseradish sauce and dill with the crème fraîche, to taste.
- 6 Serve the fishcakes with the salad leaves, horseradish and dill crème fraîche, plus a lemon wedge to squeeze over.
- Average per serving
- Calories 430.0kCal