Slice the onions. Chop the fresh parsley. Chop the fresh coriander.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large, non-stick saucepan and cook the onion over a medium heat for 7-8 minutes.
- 2 Add the mustard seeds and curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- 3 Stir in the rice.
- 4 Pour in 90ml hot water per serving of kedgeree being made (eg. for 4 servings, use 360ml hot water) and season. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the rice is cooked. Move on to the next steps while you wait.
- 5 Meanwhile, place the haddock in a shallow microwavable dish and pour over the milk. Cover and microwave on full power for 4 minutes, then set aside.
- 6 Boil the eggs for 8 minutes, then drain and cool under cold running water.
- 7 Shell, halve and set the eggs aside.
- 8 Cook the lentils according to pack instructions.
- 9 Drain the fish, and roughly flake.
- 10 Stir the lentils, fish, eggs, pumpkin seeds and herbs through the rice and serve straightaway.
Soooo tasty, this went down a treat with the kids. Very easy to make and reasonably priced.
Easy to make and so delicious.
- Average per serving
- Calories 510.0kCal