Peel and cut the small Chopin potatoes. Slice the red onions. Chop the garlic cloves. Slice the spring onions. Chop the fresh coriander.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 2 Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- 3 Cook the sweetcorn on a hot griddle pan for 3-5 minutes, turning often, until tender and charred, then strip the kernels from the cobs.
- 4 Put the smoked haddock in a shallow roasting tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the flesh is opaque and cooked through.
- 5 Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan, add the onion and garlic, and cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes, until softened.
- 6 Add the potatoes and paprika and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until golden.
- 7 Add the corn and spring onions and heat through.
- 8 Stir in the coriander and divide the mixture between four plates. Top each with a piece of smoked haddock and serve with lime wedges.
Good little dish. Cooked my fish in foil to keep it more succulent. Would I make this dish again not sure.
This is a great dish but I just used tinned sweet corn. it just needs a little sauce so adding soy sauce and a stock cube is a great idea. The fish won't be dry if you put tin foil over the top whilst cooking in the oven to keep in the moisture defiantly would make again.
Very tasty!!! - I added a dash of soy sauce and crumbled a stock cube into it and everyone really enjoyed it! Might even try it on my fish hating fiancé! Thanks M&S!
I'm sorry to differ from everyone else, I found the griddles corn long winded and unnecessary as it tasted just like tinned or frozen corn. The fish was dry, and I had to add loads more paprika and salt and pepper to give it flavour. Won't be making it again.
This is a easy, quick comfort food I really loved it. I did use replacements for parts of the recipe which worked just as well; I used mackerel and frozen sweet corn. The dish goes really well with basmati rice and a squeeze of lime juice and shrimp powder give it an extra oomph.
Easy and tastes great!
Tasty, but needs sauce
Cooked this eve. Easy and excellent!