Finely chop the white onion. Peeled and cut the boiled eggs. Chop the fresh parsley.
- 1 Heat the butter in a large pan until foaming, add the onion and curry powder and fry until soft and translucent. Add the pearl barley and combine well.
- 2 Pour in the stock and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 30-35 mins (or until the barley is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed*).
- 3 While that is cooking, place the haddock in a large saucepan and cover with milk. Add a bay leaf and a pinch of black pepper to the milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and leave to simmer for 5 mins, or until the fish is cooked.
- 4 Lift haddock onto a plate, drain/let cool and then flake into pieces.
- 5 Once the barley is ready, add the flaked fish, parsley and egg to the pot. Season to taste. Stir gently until everything is warm, and well combined. Serve immediately, with wedges of lemon to squeeze.
- 6 *if the pan starts to dry out before the barley is ready – use some of the poaching liquid from the haddock to top it up
Just had for dinner. Was super easy to make and just delicious.
Super easy quick dinner
- Average per serving
- Calories 736.0kCal