Finely chop the garlic cloves. Deseed and finely chop the red chillis. Slice the salad onions. Juice the seedless limes. Peel and chop the root ginger. Roughly chop the fresh coriander.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the ginger, chillies and garlic and cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, without letting the garlic brown. Allow to cool.
- 2 Pound the mixture to a rough paste in a pestle and mortar.
- 3 Cook the noodles according to pack instructions; drain and set aside.
- 4 Spoon the chilli and garlic paste into a bowl, then whisk in the tomato sauce, chilli sauce, fish sauce, sugar and water.
- 5 Return to the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- 6 Add the crab meat and salad onions, and warm through for 1 minute.
- 7 Stir in the lime juice.
- 8 Fold in the noodles and coriander and serve immediately.
- Average per serving
- Calories 410.0kCal