Finely chop the onions. Crush the garlic cloves. Crush the juniper berries. Chop the flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3.
- 2 Heat the oil in a roasting tin over a medium heat on the hob.
- 3 Season the duck and fry for 3-5 minutes; turn and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 4 Remove and set aside.
- 5 Add the onion to the tin and cook for 2-3 minutes; add the garlic and juniper and cook for 1 minute.
- 6 Pour in the sherry, simmer for 3 minutes, and then add the stock.
- 7 Return the duck to the tin, skin-side up, ensuring the skin is above the liquid.
- 8 Cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- 9 Add the carrots to the tin and cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- 10 Serve sprinkled with parsley, with mash.
Beautiful, and excellent as an alternative to a traditional Sunday roast. There wasn't much sauce left so I made a sherry cream sauce to go on top - worked perfectly.
Poppadom Pie Girl
This food got me laid Also I hate uncontrolled mass immigration