Finely chop the red onions. Peel and finely chop the fresh ginger. Deseed and chop the red chillies. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Halve the baby plum or cherry tomatoes.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- 2 Line a roasting tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- 3 To make the chilli and tomato relish, put the groundnut oil in a wok or large frying pan set over a medium heat.
- 4 Add the red onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- 5 Stir in the ginger, chilli and garlic, and continue to cook for a minute.
- 6 Turn the heat up, add the tomatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes, crushing them with the back of a spoon.
- 7 Add half the soy sauce and half the maple syrup or honey, and bubble down for a few minutes until thick and sticky.
- 8 Season with salt and pepper.
- 9 Remove all but 2 tbsp of relish from the pan and set the pan aside.
- 10 Spread out the sesame seeds on a small plate.
- 11 Combine the remaining soy sauce with the remaining maple syrup or honey.
- 12 Brush lightly over the salmon fillets then dip the tops into the sesame seeds to coat.
- 13 Arrange in the roasting tin, skin-sides down, and roast for 10-12 minutes until firm and just cooked, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- 14 Add the noodles and the vegetable stir-fry mixture to the remaining relish in the wok or pan.
- 15 Return to a high heat and stir-fry briskly for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are slightly wilted and piping hot.
- 16 Serve the salmon fillets with the noodle mixture, spoonfuls of the tomato-chilli relish and extra soy sauce to taste.
Excellent flavours, the little kick of chilli was just enough without over powering the fish.
This was delicious and enjoyed by all the family. I added two table spoons of tomato purée to the relish instead of cherry tomatoes.
This is literally discusting ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
- Average per serving
- Calories 1.0kCal