Finely chop the red onions. Peel and finely chop the fresh ginger. Deseed and chop the red chillies. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Halve the baby plum or cherry tomatoes.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- 2 Line a roasting tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- 3 To make the chilli and tomato relish, put the groundnut oil in a wok or large frying pan set over a medium heat.
- 4 Add the red onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- 5 Stir in the ginger, chilli and garlic, and continue to cook for a minute.
- 6 Turn the heat up, add the tomatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes, crushing them with the back of a spoon.
- 7 Add half the soy sauce and half the maple syrup or honey, and bubble down for a few minutes until thick and sticky.
- 8 Season with salt and pepper.
- 9 Remove all but 2 tbsp of relish from the pan and set the pan aside.
- 10 Spread out the sesame seeds on a small plate.
- 11 Combine the remaining soy sauce with the remaining maple syrup or honey.
- 12 Brush lightly over the salmon fillets then dip the tops into the sesame seeds to coat.
- 13 Arrange in the roasting tin, skin-sides down, and roast for 10-12 minutes until firm and just cooked, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- 14 Add the noodles and the vegetable stir-fry mixture to the remaining relish in the wok or pan.
- 15 Return to a high heat and stir-fry briskly for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are slightly wilted and piping hot.
- 16 Serve the salmon fillets with the noodle mixture, spoonfuls of the tomato-chilli relish and extra soy sauce to taste.
This was delicious and enjoyed by all the family. I added two table spoons of tomato purée to the relish instead of cherry tomatoes.
This is literally discusting ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
- Average per serving
- Calories 1.0kCal