Dice the chilled butter. Finely chop the pistachios. Trim and cut the rhubarb into 5cm lengths. Split the vanilla pods lengthways.
- 1 To make the pastry, put the flour, butter and 2 tbsp icing sugar in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the chopped pistachios.
- 2 Whisk the egg yolk with 1 tbsp cold water and gradually add to the mixture, until you have a firm dough (you may not need all the egg mixture). Knead it briefly to make a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5. Put the rhubarb on a baking tray, tuck in the vanilla pod and scatter over the demerara sugar. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until just tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- 4 Roll out the pastry and use to line a 23cm x 4cm loose-bottomed flan tin. Line the pastry with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and parchment and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- 5 In a bowl, beat the ricotta and caster sugar together until smooth, then beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the cream, then pour into the pastry case.
- 6 Arrange the rhubarb on top and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the filling is just set, but with a slight wobble in the centre. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Lovely... Easy to make although did buy own pastry
This was easier to make than I expected and completely delicious.
Have just made this and is it delicious. Will use other fruits when in season - the filling is lovely - best served just warm.
What cream !!!!
Step 5- Stir in the cream... No cream in the ingredients list?!
Ha ha Seabass- surely this is a mistake?!!!
Hopefully there isn't any fish in that lovely looking tart!