Dice the onions. Dice the aubergines. Dice the courgettes. Dice the red peppers.
- 1 In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil
- 2 Fry the onion until soft and a little coloured, then transfer this into a bowl
- 3 Repeat this with the pepper & courgette, leave a little bite in the vegetables when cooking as these carry residual heat and a small bite really helps
- 4 Lastly add the aubergine and fry this, then add the tomatoes to the pan and when this is hot, add the rest of the vegetables back and turn the heat right down.
- 5 In a second pan, fry the sea bass skin side down; cook this for 3-4 minutes before turning for a further 2 minutes.
- 6 To serve, add the capers and soaked raisins through the capanta vegetables
- 7 Place the sea bass on top and scatter some pine nuts over the dish.
As per suggestions I added garlic and basil. Really enjoyed this recipe,was healthy and very tasty. Nice alternative for cooking fish. Added streaky bacon to veg mix the next day for lunch!
I added 2 cloves of garlic and some basil to the recipe. Forgot to buy raisins so used cranberries instead and it turned out delicious :) I normally hate auberge but I loved it. Can't wait to impress my friends :)
Old Kent pleb
Took the advice from previous reviews added Garlic and Basil, and it's s hit! Would be 5 stars with some crusty bread...but it's fast day. Men can cook!
The None Chef
Cooked this and the result was ok, but felt that it lacked something such as basil. I see that another review mentioned basil, so will try again and add some next time. Not too hard even for me.
Cooked this with basmati rice. Fish was beautiful, only the tomato dish was a little bit bland. Needs lots of garlic and some fresh herbs I think. Basil maybe. Otherwise it was lovely. You definitely need rice with it though!
- Average per serving
- Calories 425.0kCal