Cut into 0.5cm wide discs the cucumber. Chop the dill leaves. Zest the lemons. Juice the lemons.
- 1 Mix together the caster sugar and vinegar to make a pickling liquid.
- 2 Gently heat in a saucepan over low heat, until the sugar has dissolved, then set aside to cool completely.
- 3 Once cooled, combine the cucumber and pickling liquid in a dish (so the cucumber discs are all coated) and leave to pickle in the fridge for 20 mins.
- 4 While that is pickling, prepare the crème fraiche mix.
- 5 Combine crème fraiche, chopped dill and lemon zest in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- 6 Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 7 When ready to serve, drain the cucumber pieces in a colander, and pat dry.
- 8 Lay on flat surface.
- 9 On one half of each disc, lay a small piece of smoked salmon.
- 10 Next to that, on each disc, place a small dollop of crème fraiche mix. Top each disc with a dill frond.
- 11 Finish with a squeeze of lemon, and serve.
Lovely light supper. After a long day out, quick and easy to make
Love!! So easy & good! Love your IG.
Yum. So simple and tasty #Loveshakfood.
Brilliant with champers! Love Shak love your IG!
Awesome! Love your IG!
Excellent easy to follow recipe A real winner at our summer bbq You can also substitute the salmon for smoked trout Delicious
This is an excellent no-stress option. I made these for a pot luck starter and they went down a storm. Will definitely be making these again!