Cut into 0.5cm wide discs the cucumber. Chop the dill leaves. Zest the lemons. Juice the lemons.
- 1 Mix together the caster sugar and vinegar to make a pickling liquid.
- 2 Gently heat in a saucepan over low heat, until the sugar has dissolved, then set aside to cool completely.
- 3 Once cooled, combine the cucumber and pickling liquid in a dish (so the cucumber discs are all coated) and leave to pickle in the fridge for 20 mins.
- 4 While that is pickling, prepare the crème fraiche mix.
- 5 Combine crème fraiche, chopped dill and lemon zest in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- 6 Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 7 When ready to serve, drain the cucumber pieces in a colander, and pat dry.
- 8 Lay on flat surface.
- 9 On one half of each disc, lay a small piece of smoked salmon.
- 10 Next to that, on each disc, place a small dollop of crème fraiche mix. Top each disc with a dill frond.
- 11 Finish with a squeeze of lemon, and serve.
This is an excellent no-stress option. I made these for a pot luck starter and they went down a storm. Will definitely be making these again!
Excellent easy to follow recipe A real winner at our summer bbq You can also substitute the salmon for smoked trout Delicious
Awesome! Love your IG!
Brilliant with champers! Love Shak love your IG!
Yum. So simple and tasty #Loveshakfood.
Love!! So easy & good! Love your IG.
Lovely light supper. After a long day out, quick and easy to make