Deseed the butternut squash. Scrape the seeds out of the pomegranate halves and discard the pod. Zest and juice the lemons.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan oven/gas mark 6. Line two large baking trays with baking parchment.
- 2 Chop the butternut squash, aubergine, courgette and pepper into 2.5cm pieces. Put into one of the baking trays and toss in the oil and chilli flakes. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3 Put the sausages in the other baking tray, drizzle with a little oil and put both trays in the oven to roast for 30 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir the garlic cloves into the roasted vegetables.
- 4 Put the quinoa into a pan and place over a gentle heat. Stir every now and then for about 2 minutes to toast it.
- 5 Pour in the stock and cover the pan with a lid. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down low and simmer for 15 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed.
- 6 Put all the ingredients for the dressing into a large bowl and season well. Whisk together. When the vegetables have finished roasting, squeeze the soft garlic out of the cloves and mash it into the bowl of dressing.
- 7 Stir in the quinoa, followed by the roasted vegetables and half of the pistachios and pomegranate seeds. Divide among four plates and top each with two sausages, then garnish with the remaining pomegranate seeds.