Finely grate the Parmesan. Separate the eggs. Cook and flake (approx 182g) of the salmon fillets.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Line a Swiss roll tin or a deep baking tray, about 23 x 33cm, with a sheet of baking parchment.
- 3 Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and whisk in the flour, then cook for about 1 minute.
- 4 Add the milk and cook for 4-5 minutes, whisking all the time until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- 5 Reserve 2 tbsp Parmesan, then add the rest with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- 6 Remove the pan from the heat.
- 7 Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until they form stiff, glossy peaks.
- 8 Beat the egg yolks into the cooled mixture in the pan.
- 9 Take a large spoonful of egg white and mix in well to loosen the mixture.
- 10 Carefully fold in the rest of the egg white.
- 11 Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, gently spreading it into the corners.
- 12 Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the reserved Parmesan over the mixture and bake for about 15 minutes, until risen and golden.
- 13 Meanwhile, cook the spinach in the bag following the pack instructions.
- 14 When cooled a little, squeeze out the liquid from the spinach and finely chop it.
- 15 Mix it into the ricotta, season and set aside.
- 16 Place a sheet of baking parchment on to the work surface.
- 17 When the roulade is cooked, flip it onto the parchment.
- 18 Peel away the parchment that was used to line the tin.
- 19 Spread the ricotta mixture over the roulade and top with the flaked salmon.
- 20 Take a short edge of the roulade and use the parchment to help you tightly roll it up.
- 21 Cut into slices and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
- 22 Serve immediately, while still warm, with roasted vine tomatoes, if you like.
Easy, light and delicious
Unfortunately the roulade takes longer than the 15 minutes suggested and even after an extra 6 minutes, it was like a giant scrambled egg that fell apart when try to roll it. Tastes nice but instructions are inaccurate.
This is one of the nicest things I have made in ages and a chance to get my bake on! Loved as did all the girls who came for brunch x
- Average per serving
- Calories 251.0kCal