Finely grate the Parmesan. Separate the eggs. Cook and flake (approx 182g) of the salmon fillets.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Line a Swiss roll tin or a deep baking tray, about 23 x 33cm, with a sheet of baking parchment.
- 3 Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and whisk in the flour, then cook for about 1 minute.
- 4 Add the milk and cook for 4-5 minutes, whisking all the time until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- 5 Reserve 2 tbsp Parmesan, then add the rest with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- 6 Remove the pan from the heat.
- 7 Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until they form stiff, glossy peaks.
- 8 Beat the egg yolks into the cooled mixture in the pan.
- 9 Take a large spoonful of egg white and mix in well to loosen the mixture.
- 10 Carefully fold in the rest of the egg white.
- 11 Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, gently spreading it into the corners.
- 12 Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the reserved Parmesan over the mixture and bake for about 15 minutes, until risen and golden.
- 13 Meanwhile, cook the spinach in the bag following the pack instructions.
- 14 When cooled a little, squeeze out the liquid from the spinach and finely chop it.
- 15 Mix it into the ricotta, season and set aside.
- 16 Place a sheet of baking parchment on to the work surface.
- 17 When the roulade is cooked, flip it onto the parchment.
- 18 Peel away the parchment that was used to line the tin.
- 19 Spread the ricotta mixture over the roulade and top with the flaked salmon.
- 20 Take a short edge of the roulade and use the parchment to help you tightly roll it up.
- 21 Cut into slices and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
- 22 Serve immediately, while still warm, with roasted vine tomatoes, if you like.
This is one of the nicest things I have made in ages and a chance to get my bake on! Loved as did all the girls who came for brunch x
Unfortunately the roulade takes longer than the 15 minutes suggested and even after an extra 6 minutes, it was like a giant scrambled egg that fell apart when try to roll it. Tastes nice but instructions are inaccurate.
Easy, light and delicious
- Average per serving
- Calories 251.0kCal