Thinly slice the new potatoes.
- 1 Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7 (200°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Dry the salmon with a paper towel. Generously season each salmon fillet.
- 3 Cut 4 x 50cm lengths of non-stick baking paper. Divide the potato slices equally among the 4 sheets of paper, and arrange in the centre so that they are overlapping slightly.
- 4 Place a salmon fillet on each, along with some lemon zest and a sprinkling of chives. Drizzle over a little olive oil.
- 5 Fold the two long sides of each sheet of paper over the filling to enclose, then tuck the short sides under to seal the parcel. Place on a large baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- 6 Open the parcels and top each salmon fillet with 1 tbsp pesto. Serve with a lemon wedge.
This looks really nice but how many calories?
This was really easy to do and super tasty! Lovely recipe.
Easy and tasty
Absolutely delicious, so simple.
I used the smoked salmon fillet, it's such an easy recipe and a super hit with my 10year old.
Simple and delicious, the only thing I do different, is par boil the potatoes.
What a lovely light lunch definitely would do it again. I did find though it took 20mins but who cares!
Delicious and so easy to do. After 15 mins I opened the parcels, added the pesto and then put back in the oven for another 5 mins. Potatoes were perfect. Also, I marinaded the salmon first in white wine and herbs.
Absolutely delicious, beautiful flavours! Potato has to be very thinly sliced to cook in 15 minutes- but it does if finely sliced! We served with roasted vine tomatoes and green beans cooked separately- perfect!
Smokey The Cat
I've just pinched this off my owners plate & can say it's one of the best salmon dishes I've sunk my fangs into. I hope they make it again & soon but serve me a plate instead of me having have to pinch it... yummy 😸
Lovely salmon, tastes great with the chives and pesto. Very easy to follow, only some slight confusion when trying to wrap the salmon with the baking paper.
Simply amazing and so quick to make! I used sweet potato instead and the flavours were simply divine.
Delicious! Potatoes needed an extra 5 minutes in the oven though.
Salmon tasted nice, but the potatoes didn't cook at all. I advise pre cooking the potatoes before making the parcels