Chop the thin and crispy smoked streaky bacon. Finely chop the garlic clove. Chop the flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 Top and tail the beans, then cut them diagonally into slices.
- 2 Cook them in boiling salted water for 6 minutes, until tender.
- 3 Drain well and transfer to a serving dish.
- 4 Stir through 1 tbsp of the oil and the lemon juice.
- 5 Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan and add the bacon.
- 6 Fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden and crisp, then add the garlic and breadcrumbs.
- 7 Fry for another 2-3 minutes, until the crumbs are golden and crisp.
- 8 Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard.
- 9 Scatter the crumb mixture and parsley over the beans, and serve.