Cut the parsnip into 2cm chunks. Do not peel the beetroot. Cut them each into 8 wedges. Cut the carrots into 2cm chunks. Thinly slice the onions. Grate the mature Cheddar.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180 ̊C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the parsnips, beetroot and carrot in a roasting tin. Drizzle with one-third of the oil, scatter with the thyme and season. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until tender.
- 3 Meanwhile, heat half of the remaining oil in one 20cm frying pan per frittata being made. Gently cook the onion for 10-12 minutes, until it is softened and lightly golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 4 In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a whisk.
- 5 Add the onion, two-thirds of the roasted vegetables and three-quarters of the cheese. Season and stir to combine.
- 6 Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and pour in the egg mixture. Cook over a very low heat for 10-12 minutes or until the egg mixture is set on the bottom.
- 7 Heat the grill to medium hot.
- 8 Add the remaining vegetables to the pan, then sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Place under the grill for 3-4 minutes until completely set.
- 9 Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- 10 Cut the frittata into wedges and serve with a crisp green salad.
Made this today as part of our twice a week eating vegetarian. Hubby enjoyed it but did add Croquette potatoes, grilled tomatoes and peas as sides or think we would have still been hungry.
- Average per serving
- Calories 390.0kCal