Cut into 1cm strips the peppers. Thinly slice the onions. Roughly crumble the goat's cheese.
- 1 Preheat oven to 200C.
- 2 Place two medium trays (or one large tray) inside, to heat up.
- 3 Heat up the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 4 Add the peppers and onions and fry gently until they start to soften and caramelise.
- 5 Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 6 Unroll the pastry sheet gently, and then cut in half widthways.
- 7 Lay each half on top of a baking sheet.
- 8 Spread 3 tbsps margherita sauce cross each sheet, leaving a border of approx. 1 ½ cm around the edge of each.
- 9 Layer the peppers and onions evenly across the sauce, and top with crumbled goat’s cheese.
- 10 Season with salt and pepper.
- 11 Using the baking sheets, gently transfer the pizzas onto the hot tray(s) and place in the oven.
- 12 Bake for 20-25 mins, or until the pastry is golden and crisp (check the bottom is also cooked and crisp).
- 13 Serve immediately.
Another great idea. My kids loved this.
So easy to make and felt naughty eating pizza but with all those yummy peppers felt good!