Peel and quarter the parsnip. Roughly grind the fennel seeds.
- 1 Heat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas 9.
- 2 Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the parsnips and cook for 4 minutes.
- 3 Drain and place on a very large baking tray (this helps the parsnips to roast evenly).
- 4 In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and pour them over the parsnips.
- 5 Toss gently to coat, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6 Bake for 15 minutes, turn and then cook for 5 minutes more or until golden and browned at the edges.