In 1 tbsp hot water, dissolve the generous pinch the saffron. Toast the flaked almonds.
- 1 Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Place the whole carrots on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and roast for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender and caramelised.
- 3 Remove from oven and set aside.
- 4 Meanwhile, prepare the couscous.
- 5 Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl, add the saffron mix and 150ml boiling water.
- 6 Cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes, or until the liquid has absorbed.
- 7 Fluff the couscous with a fork and add the ground cumin, harissa, raisins, toasted almonds and half the coriander leaves (reserve some for garnish), and gently stir until well combined.
- 8 Transfer to a serving dish.
- 9 Scatter the roasted carrots on top and the remaining coriander.
- 10 Serve with a drizzle of yogurt and the rest on the side.
Very tasty and easy to make. I loved the harissa paste and can't wait to use it again.