Cut the onions into wedges. Bash the unpeeled garlic cloves. Peel and cut the carrots into chunks. Peel and cut the parsnip into chunks. Peel and cut the swedes into chunks. Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas. Chop the fresh coriander.
- 1 Heat oven to 220°c/425°F/gas 7 (200°c for fan ovens).
- 2 Put all the vegetables in a large roasting tin, drizzle with oil, season and mix. Roast for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway.
- 3 Lower the temperature to 190°c/ 375°F/gas 5 (170°c for fan ovens).
- 4 Pop the garlic cloves out of their skins and return them to the tin. Stir in the spices, then pour over the tomatoes, a can of water and the chickpeas. Mix well and return to the oven for 25 minutes.
- 5 Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over the stock. Stir through the harissa paste, if using, cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- 6 Stir the coriander through the roasted vegetables and serve with the couscous.
- Average per serving
- Calories 270.0kCal