Halve the lemons. Halve the garlic bulbs.
- 1 Heat the oven to 230˚C/450˚F/gas 8 (210˚C for fan ovens).
- 2 Place the lamb in a roasting tray. Use a sharp knife to cut deep incisions in the top and push a sprig of rosemary into each.
- 3 Season, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- 4 Turn the oven down to 180˚C/ 350˚F/gas 4 (160˚C for fan ovens).
- 5 Add the lemons, garlic and a little water to the tin. Roast for a further 1 hour 15 minutes, basting once or twice.
- 6 When cooked to your liking (for well-done lamb, allow 20 minutes more), transfer to a carving board, cover with foil and leave to rest.
- Average per serving
- Calories 180.0kCal