Leave skin on and cut into wedges the sweet potatoes. To serve, use a little extra of the olive oil.
- 1 Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- 2 Slice a thin layer off the base of each garlic bulb.
- 3 Lay the bulbs on a sheet of foil on a baking tray.
- 4 Drizzle with 2tsp olive oil, 2 tbsp water and add the rosemary and thyme.
- 5 Wrap the foil around the garlic to form a parcel.
- 6 Roast the garlic for 45 mins – 1 hour in the oven.
- 7 After 15 mins, add the sweet potato to the tray, drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and season.
- 8 Roast the sweet potato for 30 mins or until cooked through.
- 9 When the garlic is cool enough to handle, discard the rosemary and thyme then squeeze the cloves into a bowl.
- 10 Mash with a fork and stir in the crème fraîche.
- 11 It’s easier to do this while the garlic is warm.
- 12 Season to taste and drizzle with a little olive oil if liked. Serve while warm with the sweet potatoes.
- 13 You could also try - roast 1 preserved lemon with the garlic.
- 14 Once cooked through, slice it in half, remove the pulp and blitz with the garlic in a hand blender.
- 15 Add a dash of water if it is too thick.
- 16 Swop the sweet potatoes for roast baby potatoes, or baby beets – roast them whole in their skins.
- Average per serving
- Calories 202.0kCal