- 1 Slice the cucumber in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds.
- 2 Slice the 2 halves into thin half moons, about the thickness of a pound coin.
- 3 Toss the cucumber in the salt and put in a sieve or colander.
- 4 Place a small plate on top, weigh it down with a tin and leave for at least 30 minutes to draw out moisture from the cucumber.
- 5 Meanwhile, make the pickling liquid by heating the vinegar and caster sugar in a small pan.
- 6 Bring to the boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 7 Rinse the cucumber and pat dry with a clean tea towel.
- 8 Toss with the pickling liquid and fresh dill, to taste.
- 9 Serve with the smoked salmon and walnut bread.
Nice one! Me and my mate are having it with a bottle of Prosecco!
So good! ❤️ your IG!!