Core and cut into wedges the Pink Lady or similar apples. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Crush the cumin seeds.
- 1 Put the pork fillet and apple wedges into a large bowl and scatter over the garlic, thyme and cumin.
- 2 Drizzle over the oil and mix to coat. Cover and chill for up to 1 hour.
- 3 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 4 Arrange the pork and apples in a single layer in a roasting tin, spooning over any marinade.
- 5 Pour in the cider and season. Roast for 35-45 minutes, until the pork juices run clear.
- 6 Meanwhile, cook the beans in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes.
- 7 Slice the pork and divide among four serving plates.
- 8 Drizzle with the pan juices and serve with the apples and beans.
Quick and easy meal big on flavour loved the apples they caramelise a treat treat
The apples with the spices were the most delicious part of the dish. I found the pork was a bit dry but very tasty all the same.
Tasty and easy to make. Gravy on top would work very well!
This was delicious. I thickened the cider with cornflour just before serving. Pork really tender, cumin & thyme works well.
- Average per serving
- Calories 286.0kCal