Juice the lemons. Juice the limes. Finely chop the red onions. Deseed and finely chop the red chillis. Halve, pit and peel, then cut 1cm cubes of the ripe Hass avocado. Deseed and dice 1cm cubes of the cucumber. Chop the fresh parsley or coriander.
- 1 In a large saucepan, bring 2 litres of water and a large pinch of salt to the boil.
- 2 Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes maximum, then remove with a slotted spoon and immediately transfer to a bowl of iced water to prevent further cooking (and turning the prawns rubbery).
- 3 Drain well, then place in a bowl (not a metal one) and add the lemon and lime juice, mixing well.
- 4 Add the red onion and chilli, stirring to combine.
- 5 Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 6 Remove from the fridge and add the avocado, cucumber and coriander or parsley.
- 7 Season with salt and pepper, mix well, then spoon into attractive dishes or glasses and serve.
Delicious as a starter, easy to make
Really good, perfect for summer. I added an extra lime to the recipe
- Average per serving
- Calories 164.0kCal