Slice the mini Portobello mushroom. Crush the garlic clove. Chop the fresh tarragon or parsley.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- 2 Cook the poussins in a roasting tin for 40 minutes, until the juices run clear when you pierce the thickest part of the thighs with a skewer.
- 3 Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- 4 Place the roasting tin over a low heat on the hob, add the mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- 5 Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 6 Transfer to a plate.
- 7 Add the wine to the roasting tin and simmer for 2 minutes until reduced, then add the stock, mustard and cream.
- 8 Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes, until thickened, and return the mushrooms to the pan.
- 9 Stir in the tarragon or parsley and season.
- 10 Serve the poussins with the sauce.
Great recipe, if I will be on Come Dine With Me this will be my main. Very tasty and easy to do and looks fab. We have used a clay cooking pot and stuffed the chicken with lemon, thyme and butter.
This is really tasty, we had it with steamed vegetables
- Average per serving
- Calories 989.0kCal