Juice and zest 1 of the lemons, and chop the other into 6 wedges. Slice the cornichon. Chop the dill.
- 1 Put the potatoes in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 6 minutes.
- 2 Drain, rinse under cold water, then peel.
- 3 Coarsely grate into a bowl, season, then stir through the dill.
- 4 Divide into 2 equal portions per person, then, using lightly floured hands, shape into flattened rounds. Chill for 10 minutes to firm up. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 5 Meanwhile, mix the horseradish into the soured cream, to taste, and add a good squeeze of lemon juice. Set aside.
- 6 Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan. Fry the rostis in batches, over a medium heat, for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a warm plate and repeat with the remaining rostis.
- 7 Divide the rostis among plates to serve. Top with a folded slice of smoked salmon and a dollop of the horseradish cream.
- 8 Sprinkle with the lemon zest and sliced cornichons. Season with black pepper and serve with the lemon wedges on the side.
- Average per serving
- Calories 360.0kCal