Bruise the garlic cloves. Quarter the onions. Halve the charlotte potatoes. Mix the cornflour with a little water.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the potatoes, onions, garlic and thyme in a large casserole and sit the chicken on top.
- 3 Pour over the wine and stock, cover and roast for 45 minutes.
- 4 Remove the lid and cook for a further 45 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- 5 Take the chicken out of the casserole and leave to rest on a board for 10 minutes before carving.
- 6 Add the cornflour mix to the wine sauce and gently heat to thicken.
- 7 Serve with the potatoes, onions, sauce and peas.
- Average per serving
- Calories 480.0kCal