Cut into small chunks the British outdoor-grown rhubarb. Crush the piece of ginger. Deseed and finely dice the red chillis. Juice the oranges.
- 1 Put the chutney ingredients in a saucepan.
- 2 Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the rhubarb is soft and breaking apart – add a splash of water to loosen if it starts to stick.
- 3 Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 4 To cook the pork, heat a frying or griddle pan over a medium-to-high heat.
- 5 Rub the pork on both sides with a little oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- 6 Sear the fat and edges of the pork, and cook on each side for 7 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 7 Transfer to a plate or board and leave to rest for about 5 minutes.
- 8 Top with rhubarb chutney, and serve with rocket and roasted new potatoes.
Loved the sweet and tangy nature of this dish with the pork.
Chutney was easy to make and was delicious, I added more chilli to mine.
- Average per serving
- Calories 524.0kCal