Chop the chestnuts. Peel and chop the onions. Peel, core and dice the cooking apples. Discard the stalks and chop the fresh sage.
- 1 Heat the butter in a large frying pan.
- 2 Add the onion and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- 3 Set aside to cool down.
- 4 Once cool, mix the onion with the rest of the ingredients.
- 5 Refrigerate until ready for use.
This recipe is very confusing as it doesn't say how long the stuffing actually takes to cook, just how to put the recipe together.
This recipe is a Christmas favourite, easy to prepare before Christmas can be frozen I add bacon wrapped round each ball to add a little extra fabulous marks😀
- Average per serving
- Calories 485.0kCal