Slice the chestnut mushrooms.
- 1 Cover the porcini mushrooms with boiling water and soak for 15 minutes. Move on to the next steps while you wait.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the risotto paste and fry for 1 minute over a medium heat.
- 3 Add the risotto rice, chestnut mushrooms and thyme. Stir, then cook for 1 minute.
- 4 Pour in the cold water, bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until the rice is tender.
- 5 Drain the porcini mushrooms, pat dry, chop and stir into the risotto; cook for 5 minutes.
- 6 Serve immediately with the Parmesan shavings.
I'm completely useless at cooking and find this really easy with the M&S risotto paste. It takes a little while but no skill needed. And tasty filling leftovers!
Couldn't find dried porcini mushrooms or risotto paste, so just bought the porcini paste and worked just as well without. Fantastic quick mid week dish. Added some spinach for some colour. Will certainly be cooking this regularly!
Really Yummy Dish!
It was ok! Easy dish to make, ingredients not the easiest to find. A little disappointed to be honest. Not much flavour either, but if you want something quick then it's worth a try.
- Average per serving
- Calories 390.0kCal