Chop the fresh herbs.
- 1 First, make the hollandaise. Melt the butter in a small saucepan, skimming off any white scum that comes to the surface. Remove from the heat, but keep in a warm place.
- 2 Put the egg yolks, vinegar, water and a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper in a medium-sized heatproof bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- 3 Sit the bowl over a pan of very gently simmering water; keep whisking for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture is thickened and pale.
- 4 Gradually pour in the melted butter in a steady trickle, whisking continuously (if the sauce becomes too thick, stir in 1 tbsp warm water). Stir in a little lemon juice to taste, then the paprika and herbs. Set aside.
- 5 Halve and toast the muffin until golden, then place each half on a serving plate. Crack the eggs into a pan of simmering water and poach for 2-3 minutes, until just set.
- 6 Place the eggs on the muffin halves and pour over the herby hollandaise to serve.
Tasty but when do I add the paprika and how much water do I put in the bowl with the eggs? I had to guess.
Absolutely dreadful. Doesn't work